Okay, I couldn't help myself, today I was in Border's Book store and got the Mini Zen Gardening Kit and the Chinese Take out for two.

They are both really cute.

The zen garden has a little black box, a bag of sand, a few stone pebbles, and the cutest little rake. The problem is, it would be messy if the sand spilled out.

The Chinese take out is superb! There are 2 mini chopsticks and two nice black ceramic chopstick holders, two mini red paper lanterns , a mini book about chinese cooking and descriptions of the items, the take out box itself. The only thing really off scale are two placemats, the kind in restaurants that show the year of the rat, pig, horse, etc and what their characteristics are like. but I'm thinking that I can reduce those and photocopy them, then laminate them too.

I'll put them away for sometime when I get the Asian AGOT, or we finally get some kind of Asian historical. I figure I can still transcend her time and use these as props for a more modern version as well.

Now I really wish I could get my hands on that Chinese New Year outfit and accessories!

Laurie